- Plastic bottles are crushed and shredded into small flakes.
- The plastic flakes are heated and melted into pellets.
- Pellets are then heated and drawn out into filaments.
- Filaments are combined and stretched while being heated in order to bond fibers together.
- The thicker fibers are torn and fluffed into cozy insulation.
There are 8 billion tons of plastic on the planet. And once it’s made —it never
goes away. So today, we’re making a commitment: No new plastic in our entire supply chain by 2021.
Our first step: the Ecoplume™ collection.